Saturday, July 31, 2010

Is it safe to use nail polish and hair dye during pregnancy?

Today my husband asked me if nail polish is safe for me to use during my pregnancy because of the fumes. I remember hearing that hair dye isn't safe either during pregnancy but I dont' remember if it was from a reliable source or not. I've tried looking it up on the internet but can't find a clear answer.Is it safe to use nail polish and hair dye during pregnancy?
It's fine to color your hair when you are pregnant. The only problem is that your hormones have changed, which changes your hair, which can make your color not what it was supposed to be.





Some people say that the chemicals can be absorbed into your skin and can harm the baby, but no studies have been done on it, which is why some doctors will say to stay away from it for the first trimester. If you normally color your hair, and it makes you feel better about yourself, then do it and don't worry about it.





Fingernail polish and remover are fine. Just use them in a well ventilated area. You don't want to breath the fumes and pass out. But the chemicals won't hurt your baby.





Trust me, not only as a medical professional, but also as a cosmotologist. I have colored many peoples hair when they are pregnant, and when I was pregnant, and had mine done when I was pregnant and both my babies are fine.





If you are worried about it, talk to your doctor.Is it safe to use nail polish and hair dye during pregnancy?
I say you first consult your doctor.


Us women when pregnant should be careful with any little thing we do. Remember, you have human being inside you.


Their are people that have allergic affects for nail polish and everyone has a different body, and maybe your baby is allergic to something as like nail polish. Always consult your doctor, he is the most reliable person for this kind of situation!


:) Have a beautiful BABY!


P.S. Do you know yet what is it going to be?
i got my hair done when i was 7 months pregnant....i asked my doctor first, and he gave me the ok...
You really need to be careful about these kinds of products. You may want to ask your doctor about that. Also, check on the labels to see if they're safe for pregnancies, they usually have it listed. Best of luck to you and your baby..........
Read on the lable or call poison control
Anything that inters your body inters your babys body.
Hair dye is a definite no-no during at least the first trimester.





I actually was wondering the same thing about nail polish and nail polish remover.
no i don't think so....... that's not good for the baby, because the smell.. its too strong ..
I looked into it as well while pregnant...acording to my stylist...the only way that the hair dye was going to hurt you was if you cut your scalp open, and poured the dye directly in your scalp...as for nail polish, you aren't sniffing it long enough to be a problem. Check with your Dr if you are unsure, and get their advice. I dyed my hair(twice during my pregnancy), and went to the salon to have manicures and pedicures...and no problems with my child
It is safe. Just read the instructions clearly. Make sure use in a ventilated area or better yet outside. You should be a beautiful, glowing mom-to-be.
NAIL POLISH SHOULD BE OK. HAIR DYE HAVE SEVERAL CHEMICALS IN IT THAT MAY BE HARM FULL. THE BEST THING TO DO IS TO CALL THE POISON CONTROL NUMBER IN YOUR AREA. GIVE THEM THE MANE AND TYPE OF HAIR DYE THAT YOU USE AND THE CAN GIVE YOU THE INFORMATION THAT YOU REQUEST.
In truth; hair dye is only safe during pregnancy when used to streak hair out from the scalp area. Nail polish is not safe Research online
I died my hair when I was pregnant with my first and never heard that it would harm the baby. I have never heard that nail polish would hurt the baby. If you are really concerned you should ask your doctor that would be your best source of info.
I have never heard anything about that
It is perfectly fine I was pregnant during cosmetolgy school and was around these chemicals everyday. ~Bon

No comments:

Post a Comment